Our AquaVolta hydrogen water maker is designed for producing hydrogen-rich drinking water, both at home and on-the-go. This high-end model is constructed with SPE/ PEM technology in order to produce pure, safe hydrogen water and eliminate all harmful by-products. The new AquaVolta hydrogen water maker produces more H2 than other models. It can be expected to last longer, hence the two year warranty instead of one. This model is so robust, that it can handle extreme high pressure. The limit lies in the fact that too much pressure would make the device dangerous to use. For this reason, the cover of the glass bottle has a pressure valve, so excessive pressure is discharged. The most important properties:
- Hydrogen water generator for the production of hydrogen water with the highest hydrogen content (depending on ionization time and water type) on the portable market
- Hydrogen eliminates free radicals, helps prevent premature aging, reduces inflammation and allergic reactions, and helps to improve skin
- Hydrogen yield, in 300 ml cylinders (BPA-free): about 0.28 mg/ L (ppm, particles per million) per minute, e.g. 2.8 mg/ L hydrogen after 14 minutes
- Produces pure hydrogen water, without harmful oxides, ozone and chlorine by means of SPE/ PEM technology
- Deluxe model designed in Germany. Ideal for at home and on the go
- Long life of the electrolysis plate. This is made of platinum-coated titanium from South Korea
- Works with all types of drinking water, including reverse osmosis water and distilled water
- Works on batteries, charging time 90 minutes, enough for about 70 minutes running time (depending on the water)
Including matching glass bottle (2x) with pressure-resistant lid, attachment for plastic bottles and glass bottles, USB charger, extra rings, 150 grams of citric acid
- 2 year warranty. If there is a defect, the machine will be repaired or replaced free of charge (see conditions). After the warranty we repair the machine for a very small amount (cost of components)
- Included: instruction in English
Do you want to know how to use the AquaVolta hydrogen water maker correctly? Please read this file for a complete instruction.
SPE/ PEM technology
The first generation of hydrogen water makers were not very efficient. They were static (not portable) and could not yet add much hydrogen to the water. One problem was that they did not remove the oxygen content present in the water, but instead increased it. The hydrogen produced did not remain in the water for a long time. Also, the harmful by-products were not properly removed from the drinking water. Later, methods were developed in which hydrogen was added to special water bags under high pressure. This hydrogen water is for sale in stores and online, and can retain its H2 content for several months. However, these bags are very expensive and cause a lot of unnecessary waste.
The methods to add hydrogen to drinking water were further developed. Then hydrogen water makers with the effective technology that we see now, came up. Dissolving hydrogen in water by inserting it under high pressure. That is what our models do. The high compressive strength of the system allows for one to fourfold supersaturation with hydrogen. This is a spectacular improvement over traditional stationary water ionizers that usually reach a maximum full saturation of 1.6 ppm hydrogen in water. The improved AquaVolta model is made more robustly, contains the latest technology, and produces a higher amount of H2 than other models.
The SPE/ PEM membrane
At the base of our high-quality hydrogen water makers are the proton exchange membrane (PEM), with solid polymer electrolyte (SPE). These are made of precious materials such as platinum-coated titanium. It is the most advanced technology, and it is constantly being improved.
Attention! The membrane in our hydrogen water makers is a totally different type than that of the many low-cost models available on the market. With the cheaper models without PEM/ SPE, harmful substances will remain in the hydrogen water you drink. They are therefore unsafe for use and can damage your health!
How does the SPE/ PEM membrane work?
SPE/ PEM technology is the latest development in the field of hydrogen water makers. This technology ensures an exceptionally high hydrogen water yield. This also ensures that harmful by-products do not end up in the hydrogen water you drink, but are discarded. The following diagram shows in a simple way how this works:
Chemical reaction formula:
Anode reaction: 2H2O → O2 + 4H+ + 4e-
Cathode reaction: 4H+ + 4e- → 2H2
(Number 1 to 4 in the drawing refer to points 1 to 4 below)
1. Water at the anode supplies the source of H+ (hydrogen) ions.
2. Only H+ (hydrogen) ions move through the PEM membrane from anode to cathode.
3. At the cathode the H+ ions come together with electrons from the power supply. Through a reduction reaction, H atoms are formed, which couple to form H2 gas.
4. Oxygen gas (and possibly chlorine gas) produced at the anode (by oxidation of hydroxide) remains behind and is discarded.
We hope this is comprehensible for you. If you have any questions or require further explanation, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to talk to you!
Test H2 content
We test every hydrogen water maker on H2 yield, by means of titration with H2 blue drops. When these blue drops are added to water containing hydrogen, they become transparent. As soon as there is no hydrogen left to react with the drops, they color the water blue. Normal water without hydrogen turns blue with the first drop. This shows that no molecular hydrogen is present in normal water.
Please read this PDF-file on how to use and maintain the AquaVolta carefully!
The instructions you find here are our own findings. They are not a substitute for the instructions from the PDF-file, on which the guarantee is based. Point number 7 is especially important!
1. Fully charge the device before first use (until the red LED stops flashing).
2. There are a number of rubber rings on the machine. There may be some water leakage due to the build-up pressure, but this does not affect the effectiveness and hydrogen content. If you notice this, you can check the rings before use. After a while, the rings ‘set’ and the leak will become less.
3. Fill the bottle well, so that there is little room for air in the bottle. This is to build up enough pressure for high hydrogen in the water.
4. We measure approximately 1.8 PPM hydrogen (Brita filtered water) at 7 minutes (2x press → green LED). At 10 minutes (1x press → blue LED, when it is ready again) >2.5 PPM hydrogen (Brita filtered water). At 14 minutes (twice press → green LED, when it is ready again) even up to 2.8 PPM. We measure hydrogen with tap water, but slightly less: 1.9 PPM at 10 min. The manufacturer recommends that the machine should not run for more than 14 minutes at a time, due to over-pressure.
5. We have tested with different types of water. Dutch tap water, but also Spa blue and Evian tested slightly less hydrogen. We recommend mineral water (without gas (!), Low amount of minerals, eg AH sifres, Bar Le Duc) or filtered water (eg Brita). This applies to all hydrogen water makers on the market.
6. VERY IMPORTANT!! Do NOT use machine when it is charging on the electricity net! Tests show that water will be spilled on the connection for the charging cable. This will cause it to stop charging properly.
7. When used, the plug must COMPLETELY seal the connection to protect it from moisture. Improper use can affect the warranty.